Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Getting started.

I am turning this blog into a fundraising blog for the residents of Pearlington MS. Their town was wiped off the map when Katrina hit, and very little has changed in the year that followed. The lucky ones have FEMA trailers to call home but those trailers will be pulled out in February leaving them again homeless and without hope.
I am working in conjunction with The Pearlington Project which is now a non profit organization which has volunterr builders poised and ready to roll as soon as the funding comes in to start building.
Please consider helping in the following ways..
1. Make a donation. The Pearlington Project is now a non profit foundation, so your donations are tax deductable!
The Pearlington Project Katrina Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 127
Rhinebeck, NY 12572

2. I need help to get the word out! Please if you could mention this effort on your blog, and even possibly link to this blog or my site purlsofhope.com or the Pearlington Project site (link on the side) it would help greatly!


2.Make suggestions! Please let me know what I can do to get the
word out and get a house built.

I will be setting up the announcement of the family that the funds will go toward, and the other details over the next two days. Please let me know if you are willing to help out in any of these ways!!

Thank you so much!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home